Those Who Trust Us, Educate Us
International Translation Services Standard
The internationally recognized standard for translation service providers, no matter their sizes and complexities, the principles in ISO 17100 can be applied to any organization in the translation industry.
As a certified translation organization under ISO17100, APCITG Translation Services is bound by the rules designated in ISO17100:
● Resources – Defines the responsibilities and competency requirements for translators, revisers and project managers.
● Pre-production – Specifies the requirements for quoting and entering into an agreement.
● Production – Ensures the appropriate workflow is defined and managed, and customer needs are met.
● Post-production – Requires that the TSP validate customer requirements have been met and takes action to correct deficiencies if applicable.
APCITG offers competitive prices (as an NON-PROFIT organization) and qualified translators to work for our clients.
Canadian Interpretation Standards
The National Standard Guide for Community Interpreting Services (NSGCIS) was created to provide consistency in interpretation services as provided specifically in the areas of health, government, legal, educational, and social services settings.
It establishes not only uniformity in processes and requirements for Interpretation Service Providers (ISPs), but also ethical principles that are specifically relevant to interpretation services. These consistencies can be applied in education and training of interpreters, as well as hiring indicators and ongoing performance reviews.
As a certified Interpretation organization under NSGCIS, APCITG is bound by the rules designated in NSGCIS:
● Interpreter’s Qualifications – Defines the competency requirements for the interpreter, which include linguistic competency, interpersonal skills, research, and technical competence.
● Responsibilities of Clients – Ensures purchasers of Interpreting Service understand their responsibilities. Information in this section should be clearly communicated.
● Responsibility of Interpreting Service Providers – Highlights information that the ISP should provide to both the customer and interpreters to ensure all assignment requirements are known.
● Role and Responsibility of Interpreters - Specifies what rules the interpreter must follow when delivering interpretation, which include abiding by the LITP Standards of Practice, Ethical Principles, and ensuring they do not accept work for which they are not competent.
APCITG provides competitive prices (as an NON-PROFIT organization) and qualified interpreters to work for our clients.
APCITG provides competitive prices (as an NON-PROFIT organization) and qualified translators to work for our clients.
Canadian Translation Services Standard
The National Standard of Canada defines the process requirements for the provision of translation services by Translation Services Providers (TSPs), including organizations and individuals.
As a certified translation organization under CGSB131.10, APCITG is bound by the rules designated in CGSB131.10:
● Resources - Define the responsibilities and competency requirements for translators and revisers.
● Technical Resource - Ensures appropriate resources are available such as word processing software, research tools, CAT tools, etc.
● Quality Management System - Defines management requirements, which includes documenting the system, establishing and monitoring goals and objectives, handling complaints, and other items.
● Client-TSP Relationship - Specifies the requirements for handling, analyzing inquiries, determining project feasibility, and technical requirements, before quoting and entering into an agreement.
● TSP Project Management Procedures - Ensure service workflow is defined and managed.
● Translation Process - Sets minimum requirements for the translation activities.
● Additional Services - Ensure all additional services are delivered in accordance with the agreement, such as desktop publishing and other requirements.
Become a Member Today
Develop skills that match the trends in the language services industry.
Widen your opportunities to obtain better earnings.
Establish, maintain, and upgrade your professional credentials.
APCITG membership distinguishes you as a specialist professional Interpreter and/or Translator
and our members are recognized by LSPs cross Canada.